Red arrows represent Left Joystick
Blue arrows represent Right
- Left Dash Cancel: Push one or both sticks to the right
and press the dash button.
- Right Dash Cancel: Push both or both sticks to the left
and press the dash button.
You cannot perform a dash-cancel after you have fired in the dash.
- Cancel a jump by pulling both sticks inwards
Jump-cancels cannot be executed after your VR has reached the highest point of its jump,
or after having fired in the air.
- Guard/Jump-Weapon Cancel: All close range attacks can
be canceled by guarding or jumping.
- Crouch-Weapon Cancel: After firing a weapon while
standing or walking, you can immediately fire a crouch shot.
- Dash-Central-Weapon Cancel: After firing a standing or
walking central weapon, you can immediately dash away (and fire in the dash if you choose
to do so.) Note: This technique does not apply to Raiden's laser
- VRs fall down when they take a large amount of damamge in a
short time frame. Get back on your feet quickly by wiggling the sticks. Its best to only
wiggle one stick as wiggling the two sticks apart may make your VR fly.
- Hold one or both sticks in the direction you wish to dash,
plus the dash button, and your VR will do a rising dash. This will let you dash
immediately after getting up from a fall. Rising dash attacks are modified to be more
powerful. For example, When executing a right-rising-dash attack, Raiden shoots a double
- You can attack an enemy at close quarters while rising. If the
enemy stands near your fallen VR with a double lock-on, you can attack him immediately
when rising, by rapidly tapping the trigger(s) of the weapon you normally use in close
- This can only be executed in close combat with a double
lock-on. Hold both sticks in the same forward-diagonal direction, then push both sticks to
the other forward diagonal direction, then press the trigger(s) of the weapon that you use
in close combat. You can execute the stick motions by rotating them in a forward 90 degree
arc. For example, press both sticks forward-left, then both forward-right, then both
triggers. Your VR will circle to the left and then to the back of his opponent and then
slash from behind. This attack cannot be guarded against! A plus for Apharmd, Temjin, and
- Normal: This can be done if you are walking sideways
before doing a crouch shot. For example, then plus trigger will make your VR walk left, then do a crouch shot while
- Directional Change: For example, then plus trigger then will make your VR walk left, then
do a crouch shot while moving left, and and then move right while still crouching.
Quick Recovery After a Dash Attack:
- Jump-cancelling at the end of a dash reduces the freeze time.
You can also try firing a central weapon at the moment you complete a dash (except
Raiden's laser), and then dash away again.
Double Close-Combat Attack:
- Beat a VR senseless with two hands instead of just one! Press
the right trigger, then the left trigger (or in the opposite order) when the double
lock-on sight appears around the enemy. Works best with Fei-Yen and Dorkas.